WACC aims to meet its objectives by developing:
WACC International Network
WACC will act as the 'umbrella' of national and international member organizations that are united in their commitment to eradicate cervical cancer. They range from patient support and advocacy groups to professional and non-governmental associations in the fields of cancer, gynecology, women's health and public health promotion and education.
The WACC Network will work with member organizations to assist them in helping the women in their countries, identifying what is lacking in current educational initiatives and where effort is most needed.
By initiating and co-ordinating core projects, WACC can help member organizations to participate and share the benefits of activities that might be beyond the resources of individual organizations acting alone.
WACC Health Education
Educational projects will be organized - using electronic media where possible. WACC will:
- Expand the WACC website, to:
- Provide accurate, reliable and up-to-date information on cervical cancer, its cause, how it can be prevented and - when disease has already developed - how it is managed
- Develop a 'library' of educational resources - tailored for different audience needs - that can be downloaded from the WACC website by member organizations and adapted to national requirements, to supplement their own materials, as needed
- Set up an E-Bookshop to disseminate publications about cervical cancer, as well as raise funds for WACC
- Distribute an E-News and alerts